Steps for Signing Permission Notes & Completing Online Payment
When paying for excursions, carnivals and other activities requiring signed permission from parent/caregiver – please follow the steps below.
- Permission & Medical Information Note – Depending on activity, teacher or office staff will send a note home with student for parent/caregiver to sign. Please contact the school if you require a replacement note to be sent home or emailed to you.
- Complete Online Payment – Use the handy link in the sidebar on the website to access the school’s online payment portal. This secure payment facility is provided by Westpac bank and linked to the school’s account, allowing you to make direct payments. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the payment.
- Record Online Payment Receipt Number – Write your payment receipt number on the permission note.
- Deliver Note to Office – Once signed and completed by parent/caregiver, permission note needs to be handed in at the front office.
- Receipt – When the school receives confirmation of completed payment, a receipt will be issued and sent home with the student.
Parent Online Payments – User instructions for Parents/Carers
The information below has been provided by the Westpac Parent Online Payment (POP) facility. If you have previously made payments online, you will find the system very straight forward and user friendly. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact school administration on 4340 0246 and we will be happy to help.
HOW DO I ACCESS ONLINE PAYMENTS?
The $ Make a payment link is located on the School Fees and Charges page and also in the sidebar. By selecting this link you will be taken to a secure Westpac payment page (you will no longer be in the school’s website).
The payment process is very simple and follows the format of online payment systems you may have used before.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
From the initial payment page Parents/Carers can complete the details, some of which are mandatory (marked with an *), before confirming the payment details and completing the payment.
A receipt can be printed from the payment page OR be emailed to the payer.
The payment screens are:
- Entering payment details
- Entering credit card details
- Confirmation of payment details; and
- Online Payment Receipt.
Entering Payment Details
The payment details screen captures student information and payment details. This allows for identification of the student that the payment applies to and what the payment is for. This is critical to ensure that the right student is credited with payment for the right items. Where Class or Year AND Invoice number are entered, Date of Birth is not required.
If only Class or Year OR Invoice number is entered a Date of Birth is required.
The payment details should come from the school invoice/statement of account or listing that the school issues. There can be more than one payment line for all items except voluntary school contributions, the items are
- Voluntary school contributions (1 payment), use this for general contributions or donations
- Subject contributions (up to 10 payments), use this for contributions for specific subjects e.g. Visual Arts, Industrial Technology, etc
- Excursions (up to 5 payments), use this for specific excursions e.g. Zoo; Opera House, etc
- Sport (up to 5 payments), use this for any sporting activities e.g. carnivals and weekly sport activities, etc
- Creative & Practical Arts (up to 5 payments), use this for drama, dance, craft levies, etc
- Sales to Students (up to 5 payments) use this for any goods? purchased by a student that becomes the property of the student e.g. equipment
- Other (up to 5 payments) this may be used for paying total amounts owed by a student e.g. complete student invoice/statement of account
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHICH BOX TO CHOOSE PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL AND ASK FOR CLARIFICATION.
When any option is chosen (by selecting the tick box), a payment description and payment amount must be included. You can deselect an option by checking the tick box again.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why do I need to enter Date of Birth?
The date of birth helps the school distinguish the student a specific payment relates to. This will ensure your payment is credited to your son/daughter’s account.
Note: date of birth is not required if class or year AND an invoice number are entered for a student.
- Why do I have to enter the student’s details each time I make a payment, isn’t it stored in the system?
The security of your information is of utmost importance.
When you make a payment you are in a secure Westpac website, for privacy and security of data no student details are maintained within the Westpac site. You must enter the details with each payment.
- The screen keeps displaying the data I have just entered, it is not moving on.
Check there is no missing information.
Scroll through the whole screen, any errors will be shown in RED, you cannot progress until you resolve the error.
- I don’t know the student registration number, what is it?
The student registration number is optional, if your school issues invoices this number may appear on the invoice. Some schools use this on advice to parents, but not all schools.
- What is the Ref or Invoice number, I don’t know it?
The ref or invoice number is optional. Some schools use this on advice to parents, but not all schools.
- Why can’t I deposit directly to the school’s bank account?
A direct deposit does not give the school any detail as to what you are paying for. The description space varies from bank to bank and is limited so the students name and class may not fit. Schools can have students with the same name and it is difficult to distinguish which student the payment relates to.
- Why can’t I use BPay?
BPay only allows a total amount to be paid, payers are not able to select particular items to pay.
- Does the school see my credit card details?
Your credit card details are ‘masked’ on any system reports seen by the school. e.g. 411111xxxxx4111
- Can I use a debit card or PayPal for payments?
Payments can only be made using Visa or MasterCard credit or debit cards. American Express, Diners Club or EFTPOS cards are not accepted. PayPal is not a payment option using this process.
If a payer only has an EFTPOS debit card then the school’s EFTPOS terminal, cash or cheque are alternate methods of payment.
- I have made a payment in error, how can I cancel it?
Contact the school and request that they refund the transaction.
- If I select “Make a payment” on the school’s website and the screen does not change who should I contact?
If you are having trouble accessing the payment screen, contact your school’s office and ask for the School Administration Manager.
- I haven’t used online payments before, is it difficult?
The payment process has been developed to be very user-friendly. On-screen instructions are provided throughout the payment process to assist you in completing your transaction correctly.
- Can I pay for multiple students?
Each student requires a separate payment. Once you have completed payment for the first student, please press the “Make Another Payment” button and proceed with the next student.
- I am having difficulties using online payments with my Mac
Try updating your browser to the latest version.
- My session has timed out
If you are delayed in completing a payment you will be logged out and will need to recommence the process. This is a security feature common to many online payment systems.