|Monday July 25||Sydney North Athletics|
|Tuesday July 26||Sydney North Athletics|
|Thursday July 28||Year 8 GAT Day|
|Tuesday August 2||UNSW English Competition|
|Monday August 8 – Friday August 12||Year 12 HSC Trials|
|Thursday August 11||Year 11 Study Skills|
Welcome to the Start of Term 3
Looking to the Future
I hope all students and their families had a safe and enjoyable break. Our sympathies are extended to the Lisarow High School community on the tragic loss of one of their students.
At the end of last term, we held our Leaders Induction Ceremony. Our new School Captains, Tiarna Breen and Benjamin Abolins, were sworn in after making their pledges. The extended Student Leadership Team was also recognised. The occasion was made more special with both the Liberal and Labor candidates for the federal election being in attendance. Leadership from students is developing strongly in our school, with further initiatives in the pipeline that will be explained in the near future. The school looks forward to being led by Tiarna and Ben who have already shown the qualities of strong school captains. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Marika Tults and Nathan Coleman for their excellent service as School Captains.
Week 10 of last term was amazingly busy with a lot of extra-curricula activities taking place:
- On Monday a large contingent of students participated in the Zone Athletics Carnival where the positive KMHS spirit was on display and some excellent performances that will be described later on.
- Tuesday saw another cohort of students attend the Careers Expo Day and this proved to be a valuable experience for many students.
- Parent / Teacher interviews took place on Wednesday afternoon and this was extremely well attended.
- On Thursday students in Years 7 and 8 participated in NAIDOC activities to further understand our Indigenous culture and was once again well received by all involved.
- The last day of term had students from Years 5 and 6 from our partner schools join our Years 7 and 8 students for the annual Gala Day.
Many thanks to all involved in the complex organisation of these events that help enrich the educational experience of being at KMHS.
Mr Scott White, Principal (relieving)
KMHS Wolves – Sporting Highlights
Congratulations to Dan in Year 12, who after being in the winning team of the Australian School Boys Rugby Championship, was selected in the Australian Barbarians Team. Dan will play against Tonga in September. Well done Dan! We are all so proud of you.
Stellar Softball Players
One of our very talented athletes, Nicole in Year 10, recently featured in the Newcastle Star. The article talks about the upcoming Australian Invitational Youth Games, which are expected to inject $500,000 into the region. It is great to see support given to help boost talent in our students. All the best Nicole for your upcoming games! View Article in Newcastle Star
Best Foot Forward
Congratulations to Lachlan in Year 12. Voted best NSW Rugby Union U18 Country forward of 2016.
Amazing effort, well played Lachlan!
On Wednesday 17/8/16, the school goes science mad for a day and will have 227 primary school students visiting.
The canteen will be doing a meal deal of hot dogs (easy) and we need extra hands in the canteen to help.
If you can help out – contact Marie Conolly on 4340 0246
Winter Soup Tuesday Specials!
Important Opal Information
School Student Photo IDs will no longer be accepted as from 1st August 2016.
Students 16 years and over must now carry and show a Senior Student Concession Card. See your school administration for details.